Ingredients and supplies:
- 1 Package Chocolate cake mix (devils food)
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- 1 package oreos crushed (I ran mine through the food processor)
- 1 package Nutter Butters or similar shaped cookies
- 1 package white chocolate chips or candy melt
- Black piping gel or icing
- wax or parchment paper
- (optional)any small spooky candies like candy corn (I used the mallow pumpkins pictured)
- (optional) food processor
- Bake cupcakes according to directions.
- While cupcakes are baking, melt the white chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time stirring in between until smooth.
- Dip the cookies in white chocolate. You don't need to dip the whole thing. The bottom will be inserted in the cupcakes.
- Lay the cookies out on wax or parchment paper allowing the white chocolate to harden
- (Don't forget about the oven!)
- While the cupcakes cool, pipe your tombstone lettering. I wrote RIP on all of them because my piping skills are lacking a bit...
- While the lettering is setting up, frost cupcakes with icing
- Dip the frosted tops in the crushed oreo "dirt"
- Insert the dried and set up "tombstone into the "dirt" about 1/2 inch away from the edge
- Decorate with candy pumpkins or other candy
I arranged them on a tray and added a wall hanging prop for this photo to create a graveyard effect