Shredded Chicken (let the rotisserie chicken cool before going at it, sounds obvious but I forget, lol)
1 large can of your favorite enchilada sauce (I use green but red is also delicious)
2 C. shredded pepper jack or Monterrey jack cheese
10-12 corn tortillas (varies)
Non-stick cooking spray
sliced black olives
sliced green onion
1.Start by spraying a 13X9-ish (mine is a bit smaller from Princess House) baking dish. If using a metal pan, I like to line with foil then spray for easy clean up!
2. Start Layering! I always start with a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan to keep the tortilla from getting hard.
My usual order: sauce>tortilla>chicken>cheese>sauce>tortilla>chicken> cheese!
- When you put the tortillas on I sometimes tear a couple into smaller pieces to fill in gaps
- When you have placed your tortilla layer give it a little press down to squeeze out some of the air and spread the sauce below.
3. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and sauce is bubbly.
4. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes.
5. Top with sour cream, olives, green onion and serve with beans and rice! ENJOY!