Charlotte's favorite Butternut Squash
this one is a super easy yummy first food (4-6 mo.)
- Butternut squash (as many as you want to make)
- and deep baking dish/cake pan
- large spoon and knife
- pureeing device of your choice (see here for details)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash your squash.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and stringy guts.
- Place cut side down in your baking dish arranging as you like to fit as many as possible.
- Pour in water to about half inch in depth.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Skin will turn deep dark brown and shrink to a pucker.
- Allow to cool and scoop out the "meat"
- Puree to desired constancy and follow procedures above for my freezing method or create your own method!
I use the same exact process for Apples and Pears too!